Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
When water starts to flood your home, it is imperative to utilize this safety tips;
- Shut off the water from your home, this valve can be location in the front of your home. But if not there should be a main water shut off located at the end of your driveway near the street of your home. This will insure that you minimize the amount of water cascading into your home.
- Make sure no electronic devices are located on your floor where the water could potentially reach and destroy them.
- Keep children and elder safe from slips and falls, which are very common from slippery flooring with excess amount of water.
- Once the first 3 are covered call us at 909-474-2340 and we would love to assist you with any help you might need.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (909) 474-2340
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.